Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What Do I Want to Be?

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I'm a junior. I was asked that question a lot as a sophomore, I don't want to imagine what it will be like once my junior year actually starts. I can see it now... "You're a senior next year! What are you doing with your life?"

I don't know.

I don't.

Honest.

Sure, God has dropped a hint here and there. But I'm running on three words and a feeling. So, I can't answer your question yet. I want to be a mom. But career? Not so sure. I like what my science teacher said towards the end of the year to us, "They expect you to know exactly what you are going to do with your life from the second you're out of the womb. But you don't. And that's okay."

She IS Mrs. Frizzle. I adore her.

Anyway, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm supposed to adopt. I asked God where from and I am convinced He started laughing in a "just you wait" sort of manner. (What on earth am I getting into?) That's gotta have some financial support... right? Right. I think He's going to let me in on His plan a bit more soon, but who's to say besides Him?

I'm very excited to learn His plan for me. I'm a bookworm and I see it as if I've just gotta get on to that next chapter. Keep reading. Don't stop.

So, if anyone is wondering what I want to be when I grow up, I have no clue. But God does. And my future is safest in His hands. Don't you think? I do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sophomore in college now, and I certainly do not have it all figured out. But I do know one thing: I am figuring it out.
    You know, adults always worry about the future and about how to get there. But the greatest thing about the future is that you never get there--you’re always ‘here’. So the way I see it, you have the rest of your life to figure out how you’ll make it there; everything else is here :)
    And Jordan, you are figuring it out beautifully.

    Christopher Steven Coan

    ReplyDelete