Saturday, November 5, 2011

You are what you watch!

Movies can say a lot to their viewers. They also say a lot about their viewers.

For instance, my favorite movies are Tangled and Pride and Prejudice.

Tangled... It brings out my inner six year old. Sweet, innocent Rapunzel and the dashing Flynn. Eugine. I, much like Rapunzel, like Eugine better. Sure his bravado is cute. But when the real, caring him comes out. *sigh* I'm not going to give any spoilers... but the end!! <3 <3 <3

And Pride and Prejudice. What's not to love? I like the newer one better than the old TV series, but I do enjoy them both. I love seeing the romance between the two blossom. It's about a man and a woman falling in love. Despite the approval of other people. And yet she still goes to her father for his blessing. I wish that we, as young men and women, would listen to the council of our parents and/or trusted elders more.

I get so annoyed by the media's portrayal of love. Shallow. Only skin deep. Sometimes just skin. Y'know... every once in a while you get a gem... like Tangled. But so many these days... it's just sad! No wonder so many people are confused on what real love looks like. "Love is patient." That means waiting for your future husband or wife. "It is not self seeking." Self explanatory, people. It's hard. Nobody said that true love ...Christlike love... was easy. But, here's an awesome promise: "Love never fails."

Anyway, yes. Movies say a lot about their viewers. You've just made an assumption about me by my favorite movies. You now know that I'm something of a hopeless romantic. Old fashioned in my hopes that young men and women would take the advice of their elders more often... I'm alright with that image. A hopeless romantic who will wait on God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment