Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dreaming in Color

Did anyone else see that sunset? I know that from here in the lovely state of Texas, it was a lovely sight!

Just after the sun sank below the horizon. :)
That got me thinking. Color. Most of us see it all the time. Most of us have a favorite color. Mine is purple.

I love looking at the sunsets because of the color. Don't believe me? Go read my post all about sunsets. It's like the song, "Well heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that He loves us!" I get so excited! I just can't imagine a more loving God. And He's more loving than I can even imagine!!! How can I not get excited about this?? He is so amazing. So yes. Tonight I stood out there in the cold wearing socks and no jacket. Was that not very smart, seeing as I have a callback (Whoo-hoo!) tomorrow? Definitely. Was it completely and utterly worth it? Absolutely. It made me think of the beach. You know what I'm talking about if you've been to one. Gorgeous sunsets. Without fail.

And then... I thought of how bland these colors are. Isn't that funny? Even the rich colors of a sunset, which neither camera nor paint could replicate, stand absolutely washed out compared to what we will see someday. I think that someday Jesus and I are going to sit, cuddled up together, and watch as God makes a sunset with all the colors He's been waiting to show me. Goodness... I can't explain how excited I am right now!!

And then... I thought of the people who can't see color.Who are missing out on even one bit of the earthly-fabulous color wheel. It made me kind of sad... Are any of y'all colorblind? Do you still get just as excited over the beauty, even if you see it in muted tones or black and white? I'm kind of curious. And............. Almost jealous. Because when you get to heaven and you're chilling, watching the sunset... You're going to see the colors and they will be even more special. Now I don't feel sorry for people who are color blind. I'm excited for all the colorblind Christians who are missing out on what this world has to offer, because they will be in for a surprise! :)

And then (last one, I promise.)... I thought about dreams. Dreams you get at night, dreams you get from God, daydreams... the whole enchilada. Anndd... Do you dream in color? Like, do you get colors that become a theme. Everyone ends up wearing purple. Or maybe teal flowers are in the background the entire time? I always wonder if certain dreams are from God... or if all dreams are from God. And it makes me wonder if I had a "Joseph" in my life, what would my dreams be saying? Anyway, on to dreams from God. He hasn't really been particularly clear on what He wants me to do. I've been told I have a knack for writing, but if I am to do that, is it story? Is it on purity (Something very near and dear to my heart)? I don't know. I don't need to know. His timing is cool with me. But that doesn't mean I don't think about it. He's also laid on my heart to prepare for being a mother someday. Hospitality, cooking, etc. So really, I'm in a maze. Hahaha! :) I'm excited to see where He's going to take me. I know that for some people, however, they have a keen sense of where they're going. From now on, I'm going to say that they dream in color. They know the details. They are in line with God on where they are going and they're going to get there one way or another. Dreaming in color. Yup. That's a keeper.

Color is a lovely thing. It's everywhere. Remember as you go about your day to look for the beauty in the little things. They are there to bless you.

3 comments:

  1. " I think that someday Jesus and I are going to sit, cuddled up together, and watch as God makes a sunset with all the colors He's been waiting to show me. Goodness... I can't explain how excited I am right now!!"

    This made me cry a bit, in a good way, because it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete