Sunday, November 6, 2011

Confidential: A message for the ladies

Alright. This is something very near and dear to my heart.

Modesty. Honor. Integrity.

Did you know that in the Hebrew language, if something is repeated three times, that's a huge emphasis? In Song of Songs it says "Do not arouse or awaken love until it fully desires." three times? Seriously. Go grab your Bible. This post will be here when you get back.

Now look up Song of Songs 2:7, 3:5, and 8:4.

Did you know that every time you wear that revealing shirt, it awakens something in the guys? Now, I'm not speaking from experience, but don't you think it's kind of hard for him to focus on his relationship with Christ if we are flaunting our stuff saying, "Hey! Over here!" ...It hurts my heart for them. A lot.

You've heard me talk about my co-op. The school for homeschoolers. It's something of a sanctuary. There's no pressure to date. Just because we hug, doesn't mean we're an item. We aren't pressured to show skin. We keep the modest dress code. Our guys are gentlemen. And it almost makes me mad when I see a girl wearing such clothes that our guys seem to avoid them completely. They don't look; they migrate away. I wish that they wouldn't have to do that. And it's not on a regular occasion. But it does happen. I want the guys to be able to talk to these girls. I want them to be able to be friends. But when a girl makes herself an object, it seems kind of hard to focus on that friendship.

"Do not awaken or arouse love until it fully desires."

It's going to feel like it fully desires. It is. But I honestly believe that it's not going to fully desire until it's wedding night. I really do.

So... if I might be so bold... cover up! Leave some mystery about you. Less is more.

We need to respect our brothers in Christ.
We need to respect the guys.
If they can focus on us, our personalities, then who knows? They just might see the difference in the Christian women. They might turn to Christ.

Remember when I was talking about true love yesterday?
All you have to do is look at the cross. That's self sacrifice. That's love. He died to save your life. I know that you have probably heard that a lot. But imagine yourself in the most dangerous situation possible. Now picture your husband, boyfriend, crush, etc. saving you, but at the expense of his own life. Heroic, huh? Well guess what. Jesus saved you from hell.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. It is so crucial that girls understand and get this. It will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete